Theme of the week is: Your future and making a positive change
Covid-19 and Free School Meals
If your situation has changed due to the Covid-19 crisis, you may be able to apply for free school meals. Please contact our school office (Office@fcc.faringdon.academy) for further details and an application form if this is the case. We will help you to make the process easy.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
For all enquiries in this regard please contact the school office on the email provided above.