Menu
If your child is driven to school, please drop them off in Folly View Road or Marlborough Gardens due to congestion at the school - thank you .... Courthill trip meeting, Wednesday 20th September, 5pm for 7HC, 7KT, 7RJ & 7HM and 6pm for 7SG, 7PSV, 7CPA & 7RM ... Open Evening: Thursday 5th October - school finishes early at 1330 - Open Evening - 1730-200 .... College in Action Week: Monday 9th - Friday 13th October - please call the school to book your place
Home Page

Theme of the week is: self esteem

Art (GCSE)

This course offers a range of activities and processes including - drawing, painting, and three-dimensional work. Students will learn how to use a variety of media, such as, printing, clay, paper Mache, wire, batik and ICT manipulation. Incorporated into these activities is Critical Studies which is designed to develop a broader understanding and appreciation of both Western and non-Western Artists, craftspeople and cultures, enabling students to integrate this knowledge into their own work.

The technical, creative and expressive nature of this subject aim to stimulate and develop ideas, skills and imagination and to foster and encourage confidence, enthusiasm and a genuine sense of achievement in the individual.

 

Students will have the opportunity to visit art galleries, a sculpture park and a residential art trip which varies from year to year.

 

The project-based nature of the course is designed to allow for a personal, critical, disciplined and in-depth approach to study. At the present time the coursework accounts for 60% of the final assessment mark. The remaining 40% is accounted for by a Controlled Test project set towards the end of the course.

Picture 1 Sculpture Park
Picture 2 Art Trip
Top